........Diane...........

........Diane...........
..... beautiful..........

Friday, March 6, 2009

... as I welcomed myself to Web 2.0 environment...

It was during our class in LIS 10 with Ma'am Lyna Estabillo, our teacher. She has given us a very exciting activity of doing our personal blog on the web.
At first, I really felt nervous because I was thinking maybe I won't do a well job. I was afraid to commit mistakes.
As I opened blogger.com, I already found excitement with the blue and orange color of the texts in the splash page. And so, I started creating my account. I've chosen "teenagehoneybug" as my blogger name. I was then so happy when I saw that I already successfully created my own blog! :) It was very fulfilling for me! :)
Applying my own template was also so interesting! :) I saw different designs which I am deciding to apply later on.
It was that time when I first experienced "blogging". What you can see below is my first blog which is about myself, my family, my personal experiences and relationships with other people. Seeing the output or viewing my profile with my first blog was again very fulfilling for me. I felt so glad that I've done the first step! :)
After I blogged, I tried to customize my profile by adding a gadget. I've chosen the picture gadget to add. Unfortunately, I didn't add successfully my pictures on my profile because of some computer problems. I felt a little sad because I am so excited to post my pictures on it! But well, It's okey! :) Ma'am Lyna told us not to feel sad because we can really add our pictures soon. The only problem was the computers we've used that time.
I also learned "hyperlinking" on my blog. I opened "new post" on my profile to post a hyperlink. First, I've typed on Notre Dame of Dadiangas University on the "new post" page. Next, I searched on google.com, data about NDDU. I copied the URL of the NDDU data's page I've opened, highlighted the words Notre Dame of Dadiangas University I've typed on the "new post", clicked hyperlink on the tool bar above the posting, and then pasted The URL I've copied. And that's it! I've posted a NDDU hyperlink! If you haven't tried doing hyperlink on your blog, you try it! You will really enjoy! :)
I also started adding list of blogger's name on my profile. I added Ma'am Lyna, Christine Joyce, Charessa and William's blogger name. It was nice! I already have my first blogmates! :)
My experiences in making my personal blog were really great! I found myself entirely happy, fulfilled and successful with the hands-on activity. It was indeed a very successful chapter in my life as I welcomed myself to the Web 2.0 environment! :) I'm hoping to experience more soon...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your "entry" to blogosphere. Welcome!

    Ma'am Lyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....Thank you very much Ma'am Lyna....
    I had so much learnings fromyour subject....

    ReplyDelete

...I am a Notre Damean...

...I am a Notre Damean...
nice place!