........Diane...........

........Diane...........
..... beautiful..........

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

....my favorite book and author...

Books are interesting to read and I find them good sources of information, knowledge and pleasure. In terms of knowing the value of a book, I set criteria in evaluating it such as good content, authority, accuracy, currency, format and more. Using these criteria and my personal interests, I can say that among all the books I've read, there is particular book I describe as my favorite. It is a fiction book entitled, "The Secret of Platform 13". I also consider the author of the book as my favorite author. Her name is Eva Ibbotson. Another title she wrote that I also find very wonderful is "The Island of Aunts".
My favorite book, "The Secret of Platform 13" is about a magical world secretly hidden beyond the walls of platform 13, a train station. In that magical world lives ogres, mermaids, talking wild animals, dwarfs, and other mysterious creatures. In the story, a mission was assigned to four characters and from that mission started a marvelous adventure in the magical world. I loved reading it because every chapter is filled with beautiful and mysterious scenes and I also find it so much excitement and thrill, that I almost finished reading the approximately 300 pages of the book in just one day.
There are also very creative illustrations in the book which really filled up my imagination with so much mysteries and magical things. They all made me have clear views of what certain creatures look like, what are the exact actions done in the thrilling scenes, what do the magical world looks like and what did the characters do in their mission. It is really a nice story, given that I really like magic and I enjoyed mysterious adventures and adventurers.
The name of the author, Eva Ibbotson tattoed on my mind after reading the story. As far I can remember, she is a white american, with short blond hair and indeed, a very beautiful woman. Eva was already popular in my mind since I've read the book, "The Secret of Platform 13" but she became more popular as I read another book she has written entitled, "The Island of Aunts". It is another magical story about the three aunts who kidnapped a girl from the real world and kept her in the magical world to help the sickly and unhappy creatures. It is very wonderful and interesting to read.
I am really looking forward to read other books written by Eva Ibbotson because I know, that there are something more mysterious thrilling, exciting and wonderful stories that Eva has done. I hope I can find and read them soon....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you continue to improve your blogsite. Explore more...

    ReplyDelete

...I am a Notre Damean...

...I am a Notre Damean...
nice place!